Making Naturally Leavened Pizza Dough
There are a lot of pre-made pizza products out there for you to try, but I think we all know that – like a lot of things – homemade is better. So, if you are looking for a way to level-up your homemade pizza prowess, we can help you. Making naturally leavened pizza dough can be pretty tough but today we are going to show you how to do it.
The following should help you go from pre-packaged pizza dough user to a master of your own kitchen wiping up tasty pizza dough like its nothing.
The following homemade pizza dough recipe is crafted in order to allow you to create a delicious crust full of flavor without venturing into creating a sourdough crust. In order to achieve this, the process uses less starter than some recipes, and takes a little bit longer. However, the final product will be worth it.
What You’ll Need
- 4 Cups of flour
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 packet Instant Yeast
- 13 oz. water
- 2 tablespoons of Starter
- Stir the starter and water into a small bowl until dissolved.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer,
- combine salt and flour. Using the products dough hook, combine flour and salt mixing slowly.
- Slowly add water and starter
- solution to the bowl. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to keep the dough mixing. Keep mixing until the flour is completely hydrated.
- When your dough begins to
- have a smooth look, remove it from the stand mixer and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow the dough mixture to
- rest (covered in bowl) on your counter for about 4 hours, and then place the mixture into your fridge for about 24 hours.
- Once your dough has rested
- and cooled, remove from fridge and divide the mixture into thirds before rolling them into balls.
- Take a baking sheet and coat
- it with flour, then place the dough balls onto the dusted sheet and cover them with plastic wrap. Place baking sheet back into the fridge for 24 hours.
When you are ready to cook your pizza, remove the dough from the fridge and let the balls warm up to room temperature before you begin working on it. This will take a few hours.
Now that you are Master pizza dough maker stop by TopSlice in Downtown St.Petersburg and see if you compare to some of the best pizza in the city! If you dont feel like leaving the comfort of your own home then Contact us today because we also deliver!